Feature Requests

If you’ve got a feature request, you’ve come to the right place! Please relay your request request here, along with any additional details you think might be helpful.

This is not the spot for feedback on current features, only new plausible ideas will be considered. Please be courteous of others and upvote if you believe strongly enough in an idea!

What features do you want to see added to Mailgun?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable forwarding all outgoing mail to a monitoting account

We need to monitor our employees mail activity. We have their consent and we don't mind the way they are noticed and reminded that they are being monitored (even a systematic mail reply).
    We really need a way to easily configure a route for forwarding all the outgoing mail at certain accounts. We can not achieve it with other mail tools, unfortunately.

1 vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Optional redirect to 'my' website url following user unsubscribe

As part of the existing unsubscribe process, after the unsubscribe has occured, redirect the user to defined url on 'my' website (ideally passing some ID param of who has just unsubscribed) - this can replace any visible Mailgun page (but retain Mailgun functionality)

1 vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • dedicated

When the Mailgun account have a dedicated IP, new domains (added in the dashboard or via API) automatically receive the dedicated IP in their sending IPs list. This is not desirable in many cases as one might want to have just a handfull of domains being served by the accounts dedicated IP.

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2FA Auth APP Paperless Key

Your assumption that all authenticator apps work the same way is in error.

You reference a paper 2fa code that is provided when 2fa is activated. I see no paper 2fa code provided in the web interface upon activation. I do not see any email with a paper 2fa code. This paper code is supposedly how we can deactivate 2fa if we lost our 2fa device or app. My authenticator app does *not* provide any "paper key" when I setup mailgun with 2fa. I use LastPass authenticator.

My point is to indicate the instructions, and requirements for deactivating 2fa using…

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• Show Accepted in Analytics page

Currently when going to Analytics you are able to see your tag with the following:
            Name, Processed, Delivered, Unique open/clicks, created last seen

Would it be possible to add "Accepted" to this view?

If you click on the Tag you are able to see that detail.

The other thing that would be helpful is when comparing two or more tags in Analytics to allow the "Processed" amount to display.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Using Mailgun in China

Hello,

I am a software developer currently working from China. I can't access anything from your website even the sign-up page. Many third-party services you're using are blocked in China, Facebook API, google recaptcha, Twitter API. Please consider customizing your website for the users in China.

I tried to open an account using someone outside China, but still even other pages are not working. I have not yet found a better Chinese service to replace mailgun, and I know there are other many people are wishing to work with mailgun in China.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  New Idea  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Redirect and secure

Please redirect http://mailgun.org to https://mailgun.org
                Also, implement missing headers on mailgun.org: Strict-Transport-Security; Content-Security-Policy; X-Frame-Options; X-XSS-Protection; X-Content-Type-Options; Referrer-Policy

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • IP Whitelisting for account login - to help agencies who work with many clients

Logging into multiple client accounts seems to cause us to start getting one-time code prompts frequently, making it very difficult to work with them.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support for Multiple emails per contact when uploading csv to mailing list

Hi,

When creating and uploading emails to the mailing list with a csv file, "only one name/title , one email" format is supported.
                    I wish it was possible to have "1 name/title , first email, second email, third email , ..."
                    per line to be added.
                    Some times we have excel files in which there are more than one email per company or person.
                    Therefore instead of adding another line in csv with "same names , different email" per line in csv, it would be great to be able to add multiple emails per name in one line...

I hope…

1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Invoices

Please send invoices via email as a PDF, whay should we the client have to logon and then download it?

45 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Dev Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Upon login, view domains from my default region instead of fixed US region.

I'm only using the EU region for my domains. But it always opens up the US region.
                        It would be great to have a setting where you can choose which region it should open by default.

8 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Internal Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there,

Thanks for submitting and supporting this request!

Since we are continuously working to improve user experience, we’ve gone ahead and sent this to our development team for review.

Please look forward to an update! Many thanks for your patience and understanding in advance.

-The MG Team

• Invite new users/roles to specific domain(s)

Recently you introduced invitation of new users and assigning them roles.
                          In addition to "roles" i would like to see that these invitations/roles can also be limited to specific domains.

72 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Feature Enhancements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Add an option to resend an email directly from the message history

Similar do https://mailgun.uservoice.com/forums/156243-feature-requests/suggestions/6776246-add-an-option-to-resend-an-email-directly-from-the could we have the option to resend a message from the Message History for an message.

Becuase if you are reviewing a message (by looking at the Message History) you wan to resend it. You need to find it in the Logs list again.

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Provide a periodic (weekly) email update with latest deliverability numbers.

When my deliverability swings up or down I often don't see it until days or weeks later. A weekly email with my recent statistics would allow me to track it more easily (and give you the ability to upsell static IP's)

5 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Support the + alias for non-gmail domains

Currently, the mailbox_validation comes back as false for emails with the + alias trick (joe+alias@example.com) even if the domain is hosted by G-Suite

Support tells me this is a gmail only feature but that's not true, it works at least for hotmail.com and outlook.com emails too.

Why can't you just check the MX records to verify if the MX domain is one that supports the + alias trick?

5 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Unsubscribe templates design

The two unsubscribe templates (the one that asks you for confirmation and the one with the ok message) have such very basic styling that makes this feature almost unusable. Just using the same styles as in your main site (fonts, colors) would give a much better impression.

2 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

Thank you for submitting and supporting this idea!

While we can’t guarantee our templates will be updated (even though that would be nice!) we’ve gone ahead and presented this idea to our user experience team.

Please look forward to updates on this! We appreciate your patience and understanding in advance.

-The MG Team

• resend

Add "batch resend" feature for failed messages within a time range.

Why this is an important feature:

If you've used a shared IP and use the mailgun API to send customer receipts, order confirmations etc, and the IP has been flagged for spam or blocked, you then purchase a dedicated IP, and now you need to resend the failed messages, today you have to do this manually, and if you have several hundred or thousands of messages, this is a extremely big waste of time.

4 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Do not silently drop nameless attachments over HTTP API

We're currently switching our email sending from SMTP to the HTTP API and noticed that some attachments were being silently dropped.
                                      The main problem seems to be twofold:
                                      1) the HTTP API requires non-ASCII filenames to be encoded using the "newish" RFC 7578 and simply ignores filenames encoded using the older RFC 2231.
                                      2) attachments sent without filenames (or whose filenames were ignored because of #1) are simply dropped without warning, causing broken content to be sent.

Some more technical info can be found in this github issue: https://github.com/anymail/django-anymail/issues/125 (including examples of how to replicate)

Ideally, we'd expect mailgun to…

2 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• a feature to suppress using a wildcard or entire domain as this was the method used on a spam mail attack on my site recently. The spam bo.

The spam bot will create an account, add an item to their wishlist, and then choose to share the Wishlist. As there isn't any limit on the number of email addresses the customer can enter, they are adding in thousands. The bot will then enter a spam message in the message field and then send them out via the website, essentially using it a spam mail service. We suggest a feature to suppress the use of a wildcard or entire domain be available to stop this recurring.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Email validation function for the new EU region

It is possible please to have the same email validation function in the new EU region, as already existing in the US region, thanks.

4 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base